Thisnovel unit forThird Grade Angelsby Jerry Spinelli isn't your typical book companion unit. Instead, the questions are designed to give your students a chance to formulate and communicate their own thinking about the story while working on reading comprehension skills that can transfer to any reading material. Even your hesitant readers will enjoy the approachable format.
Designed to be used whole-class, small group, or as an individual book study. Each section of the foldable trifold focuses on a different essential reading comprehension skill and aligns with state and Common Core standards.
• Instructional planning guide
• 3 paper-saving novel study trifolds - up to 15 instructional days
• 3 weekly word of the day flip books for text-based vocabulary
• Cut & paste comprehension prompts for interactive journals
• Easy-to-follow directions for printing & prep
• Trifold Answer keys
• Digital Version in Google Slides - perfect for digital classrooms!
• BONUS: Reading Journal Novel Mini-Projects for enrichment
✔Main Idea & Summary
✔ Point of View
✔ Analyzing Characters and Relationships
✔ Context Clues & Dictionary Skills
✔ Text-to-Self Connections
✔Cause & Effect
And so much more!
Benefits of Trifolds over Traditional Novel Units:
❑ Foldable format provides novelty and encourages student engagement