This Digital The War I Finally Won Novel Study includes comprehension questions, text-based vocabulary activities, graphic organizers, and more - all in a ready-to-use format that allows you to tackle reading skills and strategies through a deeply meaningful text that helps students begin to understand the Holocaust through the lens of a survivor. The War I Finally Won Life Novel Study is a book companion unit that will be a hit with students because it contains a variety of activities designed to help them explore the essential themes of the text without overwhelming learners with countless chapter questions.
In addition, you'll be able to make important cross-curricular connections with this War I Finally Won Literature Unit. Your students will build comprehension and vocabulary skills and read related texts to make connections to real-world issues.
The War I Finally Won is a powerful way to introduce your students to the historical period of World War I. This great book companion has everything you need to get started with this novel unit in your Google Classroom.
Your download includes:
✔ Daily comprehension prompts available in a student-friendly Google Slides format
✔ Embedded nonfiction reading & multimedia research materials
✔Text-based daily vocabulary
✔ Easy-to-follow directions for assigning in Google Classroom
✔ Instructional planning guide
✔ Answer keys
NOTE: Your download will be a PDF. Click the button on page 2 to access the Google Slides.
1) Student comprehension practice (up to 25 instructional days)
- Each day's work focuses on a single standards-based comprehension skill
- Short, written responses include opportunities to apply thinking to text
- Designed with reluctant and struggling learners in mind
- Built-in graphic organizers to support skill acquisition
- Approachable questions help make connections & start conversations
- No boring multiple-choice or fill-in-the-blank questions!
- Student-friendly Google Slides format
2) Approachable practice with key reading standards and skills, including:
- Generating a main idea and summary of key events
- Explore point of view and its impact on the reader
- Text analysis from the perspective of self & characters
- Identification of cause and effect relationships
- Making inferences and drawing conclusions based on text clues
- Examining character traits & relationships through plot
- And so much more!
3) Text-based & academic vocabulary
- One target word identified for each day's reading
- In the daily slide with an embedded link to an online thesaurus
- Includes opportunity to generate a personal definition and use the word in context
- Fosters connections between vocabulary knowledge through synonyms and antonyms
- Opportunities to make connections to academic vocabulary for daily skills
4) Teacher support materials
- Unit scope & sequence lays out the day's comprehension & vocabulary focus
- Answer Keys for all comprehension activities
- Tips for preparation and implementation
*Digital Access Note: This resource includes digital access via GOOGLE SLIDES. You will need Internet access and a free Google account OR Google Classroom for the digital versions. Learners will work on computers or iPads. Upon purchasing, you will download documents containing links to digital files and easy-to-follow instructions that will get you started in minutes! These are easily shared digitally between you and your students.
© Rebecca Davies. All rights reserved by the author. These materials are intended for personal use by a single classroom only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. For use in multiple classrooms, please purchase additional licenses. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. See product file for clip art and font credits.