Now you can teach challengingreading comprehension skills through novelswithout having to spend all those hours preparing for literature circles or book clubs. Rest assured your students are developing stronger text analysis and critical thinking skills with theseThe Chocolate Touch novel study activities.
This no-fluffnovel study format engages students, but it doesn't overwhelm your readers with countless chapter questions that just require them to regurgitate the text. Instead,each day's lesson targets one key comprehension skillsessential for reading success. The entire day's lesson can be just focused on building that skill, which has been carefully aligned to state and Common Core standards.
When it comes time to respond, students are asked to use critical thinking skills and combine their own thoughts and opinions with the text togo beyond just a basic understanding of the plot.
• Instructional planning guide
• 2 paper-saving novel study trifolds - up to 10 instructional days - color & blackline
• 2 weekly Word of the Day flip books for text-based vocabulary - color & blackline
• Cut & paste comprehension prompts for interactive journals
• Easy-to-follow directions for printing & prep
• Trifold Answer keys
• Digital version in Google Slides - perfect for the digital classroom
✔Main Idea & Summary
✔Vocabulary & Context Clues
✔Cause & Effect
✔Problem & Solution
And so much more!
Benefits of Trifolds over Traditional Novel Units:
❑ Foldable format provides novelty and encourages student engagement