This 3-week novel unit forThe Castle in the Attic by Elizabeth Winthropcan save you hours of prep for your literature circles or book clubs. Daily comprehension practice requires students to focus on text analysis and responding to literature, and the vocabulary focus builds word knowledge and academic vocabulary.
Thisno-fluff novel study engages students, but it doesn't overwhelm your readers with countless chapter questions that just require them to regurgitate the text.
Standards-aligned & perfect for novel studies, small group book clubs or lit circles, independent reading, or as a way to monitor and teach during read aloud.
• Instructional planning guide
• 3 paper-saving novel study trifolds - color & blackline
• 3 weekly word of the day flip books for text-based vocabulary
• Cut & paste comprehension prompts for interactive journals
• Easy-to-follow directions for printing & prep
• Trifold Answer keys
✔Main Idea & Summary
✔Making Inferences & Drawing Conclusions
✔Analyzing Characters, Relationships, & Change over Time
✔Vocabulary & Context Clues
And so much more!
Benefits of Trifolds over Traditional Novel Units:
❑ Foldable format provides novelty and encourages student engagement