Students love the story of Mr. Popper and his unruly penguins. You'll love watching them build their reading comprehension skills with this fun and engaging novel study.
Designed to teach and reinforce important comprehension skills without overwhelming struggling or reluctant learners, this Mr. Popper's Penguins Novel Study is perfect for literature circles, whole group novel studies, or homeschool book studies.
- Instructional planning guide
- 4 paper-saving novel study trifolds - up to 20 instructional days
- 4 weekly word of the day flip books for text-based vocabulary
- Cut & paste comprehension prompts for interactive journals
- Easy-to-follow directions for printing & prep
- Trifold Answer keys
Reading Comprehension Skills Addressed:
- Main Idea & Summary
- Analyzing Text
- Making Inferences & Drawing Conclusions
- Analyzing Characters & Relationships
- Sensory & Descriptive Language - Visualization
- Vocabulary & Context Clues
- Cause & Effect
- Problem & Solution
- And so much more!