This product contains book study trifolds for Island of the Blue Dolphins written by Scott O'Dell. Designed to cover a month of instruction, these trifolds focus on targeting reading comprehension skills students need for success through an engaging format that encourages critical thinking and discussion.
Perfect for small groups or whole-class, this novel study can even be used as an individual enrichment activity. Each section of the foldable trifold focuses on a different standards-based comprehension skill, allowing for a mini-lesson structure within the context of a novel study format.
Bring authentic literature back to the classroom and engage your readers through this easy to use, no prep format.
✔Main Idea & Summary
✔Making Inferences & Drawing Conclusions
✔Analyzing Character Traits and Behavior
✔Exploring Characteristics of Genre
✔Vocabulary & Context Clues
✔Cause & Effect
✔Point of View
✔Writing to Respond to Literature
And so much more!
- Instructional planning guide
- 4 paper-saving novel study trifolds - up to 20 instructional days - color & blackline
- 4 weekly word of the day flip books for text-based vocabulary - color & blackline
- Cut & paste comprehension prompts for interactive journals
- Easy-to-follow directions for printing & prep
- Trifold Answer keys
Planning to use novels throughout the year? Save time and money with the Build Your Own Trifold Novel Study Bundle! Pick 10 novel studies for one low price!