This printable novel unit forI Survived the Great Chicago Fire, 1871saves hours of prep for your literature circles or book clubs. Daily comprehension practice requires students to focus on text analysis and responding to literature, and the vocabulary focus builds word knowledge and academic vocabulary.
ThisI Survived...Novel Study engages students, but it doesn't overwhelm your readers with countless chapter questions that require them to regurgitate the text. In addition, I Survived the Great Chicago Fire, 1871 makes a great October book study during Fire Safety Month and offers many cross-curricular connections related to science and social studies.
Standards-aligned & perfect for novel studies, small group book clubs or lit circles, independent reading, or as a way to monitor and teach during your read-aloud.
Your download includes:
• Instructional planning guide
• 2 paper-saving novel study trifolds - 10 instructional days - color & blackline
• 2 weekly word of the day flip books for text-based vocabulary
• Cut & paste comprehension prompts for interactive journals
• Easy-to-follow directions for printing & prep
• Trifold Answer keys
Skills addressed in this I Survived the Great Chicago Fire, 1871 Novel Unit:
✔Responding to Literature
✔Problem & Solution
Benefits of Trifolds over Traditional Novel Units:
❑ Foldable format provides novelty and encourages student engagement