This novel study for the bookHome of the Braveby Katherine Applegate can save hours of prep for your novel studies in middle school. Daily comprehension practice requires students to focus on text analysis and responding to literature, and the vocabulary focus builds word knowledge and academic vocabulary.
This no-fluff novel study forHome of the Braveis engaging for students, and it doesn't overwhelm your readers with countless chapter questions that just require them to regurgitate the text.
Standards-aligned & perfect for novel studies, small group book clubs, independent reading, or as a way to monitor and teach during read aloud.
✔Character Traits & Interactions
✔Analyzing Text Quotes
✔Respond to Literature
✔ Point of View
• Instructional planning guide
• 3 paper-saving novel study trifolds - up to 15 instructional days - color & blackline
• 3 weekly word of the day flip books for text-based vocabulary
• Matching cut & paste comprehension prompts for interactive journals
• Easy-to-follow directions for printing & prep
• Trifold Answer keys
Benefits of Trifolds over Traditional Novel Units:
❑ Foldable format provides novelty and encourages student engagement