Frindle Novel Study
Frindle is a story that even your most reluctant readers will love, and this novel study is designed to engage them in meaningful post-reading activities that won't overwhelm or discourage their excitement.
It is hard enough to find ways to keep reluctant readers excited about books. You don't need long lists of chapter comprehension questions to get in your way. That's why I created this trifold novel study format.
Each day focuses on a single comprehension skill, and students dig deep without feeling the overwhelm that often comes with the traditional novel study format.
Your download includes:
- Instructional planning guide
- 3 paper-saving novel study trifolds - up to 15 instructional days
- 3 weekly word of the day flip books for text-based vocabulary
- Cut & paste comprehension prompts for interactive journals
- Easy-to-follow directions for printing & prep
- Trifold Answer keys
Reading Comprehension Skills Addressed:
- Main Idea & Summary
- Analyzing Text
- Making Inferences & Drawing Conclusions
- Analyzing Characters, Relationships, & Change over Time
- Point of View
- Vocabulary & Context Clues
- Problem & Solution
- And so much more!