This novel study for the book Escape from Mr. Lemoncello's Library by Chris Grabenstein can save hours of prep for your literature circles or guided reading groups. Daily comprehension practice requires students to focus on text analysis and responding to literature, and the vocabulary focus builds word knowledge and academic vocabulary.
This no-fluff novel study for Escape from Mr. Lemoncello's Library is engaging for students, and it doesn't overwhelm your readers with countless chapter questions that just require them to regurgitate the text.
Standards-aligned & perfect for novel studies, small group book clubs or lit circles, independent reading, or as a way to monitor and teach during read aloud.
✔Character Traits & Interactions
✔Analyzing Text Quotes
✔Respond to Literature
✔Cause & Effect
✔ Point of View
- Instructional planning guide
- 5 paper-saving novel study trifolds - up to 22 instructional days - color & blackline
- 5 weekly word of the day flip books for text-based vocabulary
- Matching cut & paste comprehension prompts for interactive journals
- Easy-to-follow directions for printing & prep
- Trifold Answer keys
- BONUS: Reading Journal Novel Mini-Projects for interactive notebooks
Benefits of Trifolds over Traditional Novel Units:
❑ Foldable format provides novelty and encourages student engagement
❑ Daily comprehension focus builds reading comprehension skills vs. plot recall
❑ Less overwhelming to reluctant readers and writers
❑ Requires deep analysis and application of text-based knowledge
❑ Encourages discussion about skills & strategies
Download the preview to see what is included in this product and for photos of this product in action or check out this blog post to learn more: WHAT ARE TRIFOLD NOVEL STUDIES?