This novel unit forDear Mr. Henshawby Beverly Clearycan save you hours of prep for your literature circles or book clubs. Daily comprehension practice requires students to focus on text analysis and responding to literature, and the vocabulary focus builds word knowledge and academic vocabulary.
Thisno-fluff Dear Mr. Henshaw novel study engages students, but it doesn't overwhelm your readers with countless chapter questions that just require them to regurgitate the text.
Standards-aligned & perfect for novel studies, small group book clubs or lit circles, independent reading, or as a way to monitor and teach during read alouds.
Your download includes:
• Instructional planning guide
• 3 paper-saving novel study trifolds - up to 15 instructional days
• 3 weekly word of the day flip books for text-based vocabulary
• Matching cut & paste comprehension prompts for interactive journals
• Easy-to-follow directions for printing & prep
• Trifold Answer keys
✔Main Idea & Summary
✔Making Inferences & Drawing Conclusions
✔Analyzing Characters, Relationships, & Change over Time
✔Vocabulary & Context Clues
And so much more!
Benefits of Trifolds over Traditional Novel Units:
❑ Foldable format provides novelty and encourages student engagement