Daily Grammar & Language for 4th Grade
Help your students master the foundations of fourth grade language arts in just 10 minutes a day. Grammar, word parts, figurative language, revision, and editing can all be taught without sacrificing your writing block with this simple, easy-to-implement grammar and language resource.
This 4th Grade Daily Language Spiral was designed to help teach your students the foundations of language arts using short, focused chunks of time.
Each week's work fits on a single piece of paper, and the same five skills spiral throughout the week allowing students to build their confidence and independence.
Friday's work can be used as a formative assessment, giving you a chance to identify any students who may need additional support with these basic skills.
In addition, space is provided for guided support, reflection, corrections, and feedback for students and their families.
- 36 weeks of standards-aligned spiraled ELA practice
- Scope & sequence
- Weekly student objectives
- Answer keys
Skills & Topics Covered:
- Parts of Speech - nouns, verbs, adjectives, adverbs, pronouns, & possessives
- Sentence Construction - subjects, predicates, compound sentences, run-on sentences, combining sentences
- Word Analysis - prefixes, suffixes, spelling patterns, vocabulary, syllabification, synonyms & antonyms, multiple meaning words, and dictionary skills
- Figurative Language - idioms, similes, metaphors, and analogies
- Sentence editing - capitalization, punctuation & spelling
- Revising - word choice, to add detail, show vs. tell, and expanding sentences