Daily Grammar & Language for 2nd Grade
Build mastery with the foundations of second grade language arts in just 10 minutes a day. Grammar, word parts, figurative language, revision, and editing can all be taught without sacrificing your writing block with this simple, easy-to-implement grammar and language resource.
This 2nd Grade Daily Language Spiral was designed to help teach your students the foundations of language arts using short, focused chunks of time. Each week's work fits on a single piece of paper, and the same five skills spiral throughout the week allowing students to build their confidence and independence.
Friday's work can be used as a formative assessment, giving you a chance to identify any students who may need additional small group or one-on-one support with these basic skills.
In addition, space is provided for guided support, reflection, corrections, and feedback for students and their families.
- 36 weeks of standards-aligned spiraled ELA practice
- Scope & sequence
- Weekly student objectives
- Answer keys
Skills & Topics Covered:
- Parts of Speech - nouns, verbs, adjectives, adverbs
- Sentence Construction - subjects, predicates, compound sentences, run-on sentences, combining sentences
- Word Analysis - synonyms & antonyms, contractions, alphabetizing, prefixes, and spelling patterns
- Language - common idioms, shades of meaning, & multiple-meaning words
- Sentence editing - capitalization, punctuation & spelling
- Revising - word choice, to add detail, and expanding sentences