Now you can teach challenging reading comprehension skills through novels without having to spend all those hours preparing for literature circles or book clubs. Rest assured your students are developing stronger text analysis and critical thinking skills with these Chocolate Fever novel study activities.
This no fluff novel study format engages students, but it doesn't overwhelm your readers with countless chapter questions that just require them to regurgitate the text.Instead, each day's lesson targets one key comprehension skill essential for reading success.The entire day's lesson can be just focused on building that skill, which has been carefully aligned to state and Common Core standards.
When it comes time to respond, students are asked to use critical thinking skills and combine their own thoughts and opinions with the text to go beyond just a basic understanding of the plot .
✔Main Idea & Summary
✔Analyzing Text & Dialogue
✔Analyzing Character Traits across Time
✔Exploring Characteristics of Genre
✔Vocabulary & Context Clues
✔Cause & Effect
✔Problem & Solution
And so much more!
- Instructional planning guide
- 2 paper-saving novel study trifolds - up to 10 instructional days - color & blackline
- 2 weekly word of the day flip books for text-based vocabulary - color & blackline
- Cut & paste comprehension prompts for interactive journals
- Easy-to-follow directions for printing & prep
- Trifold Answer keys
- Bonus Vocabulary Word Wall Cards
Planning to use novels throughout the year? Save time and money with the Build Your Own Trifold Novel Study Bundle! Pick 10 novel studies for one low price!