This 15-day novel unit forCaddie Woodlawncan save you hours of prep for your literature circles or book clubs. Daily comprehension practice requires students to focus on text analysis and responding to literature, and the vocabulary focus builds word knowledge and academic vocabulary.
Thisno-fluff Caddie Woodlawn novel study engages students, but it doesn't overwhelm your readers with countless chapter questions that just require them to regurgitate the text.
Standards-aligned & perfect for novel studies, small group book clubs or lit circles, independent reading, or as a way to monitor and teach during read aloud.
Your download includes:
• Instructional planning guide
• 3 paper-saving novel study trifolds - color & blackline
• 3 weekly word of the day flip books for text-based vocabulary
• Cut & paste comprehension prompts for interactive journals
• Easy-to-follow directions for printing & prep
• Trifold Answer keys
✔ Main Idea & Summary
✔ Problem and Solution
✔ Cause & Effect
✔ Analyze Text Quotes
✔ Respond to Literature
Benefits of Trifolds over Traditional Novel Units:
❑ Foldable format provides novelty and encourages student engagement