Bud, Not Buddy Novel Study
This novel unit for Bud, Not Buddy will save you hours of prep for your literature circles or book clubs. Daily comprehension practice requires students to focus on text analysis and responding to literature, and the vocabulary focus builds word knowledge and academic vocabulary.
This no-fluff Bud, Not Buddy novel study engages students, but it doesn't overwhelm your readers with countless chapter questions that just require them to regurgitate the text.
Standards-aligned & perfect for novel studies, small group book clubs or lit circles, independent reading, or as a way to monitor and teach during read alouds.
Your download includes:
• Instructional planning guide
• 3 paper-saving novel study trifolds - color & blackline
• 3 weekly word of the day flip books for text-based vocabulary
• Cut & paste comprehension prompts for interactive journals
• Easy-to-follow directions for printing & prep
• Trifold Answer keys
• Bonus: Reading Enrichment Mini-Projects
✔Main Idea & Summary
✔Cause and Effect
✔ Point of View
✔ Character Change
And so much more!
Benefits of Trifolds over Traditional Novel Units:
❑ Foldable format provides novelty and encourages student engagement
❑ Daily comprehension focus builds reading comprehension skills vs. plot recall
❑ Less overwhelming to reluctant readers and writers
❑ Requires deep analysis and application of text-based knowledge
❑ Encourages discussion about skills & strategies
Click here to contact me directly.