Brian's Winter is a story that even your most reluctant readers will love, and this novel study is designed to engage them in meaningful post-reading activities that won't overwhelm or discourage their excitement.
It is hard enough to find ways to keep reluctant readers excited about books. You don't need long lists of chapter comprehension questions to get in your way. That's why I created this trifold novel study format.
Each day focuses on a single comprehension skill, and students dig deep without feeling the overwhelm that often comes with the traditional novel study format.
Your download includes:
- Instructional planning guide
- 3 paper-saving novel study trifolds - up to 15 instructional days
- 3 weekly word of the day flip books for text-based vocabulary
- Cut & paste comprehension prompts for interactive journals
- Easy-to-follow directions for printing & prep
- Trifold Answer keys
Reading Comprehension Skills Addressed:
- Main Idea & Summary
- Analyzing Text
- Making Inferences & Drawing Conclusions
- Analyzing Characters & Change over Time
- Cause & Effect
- Problem & Solution
- And so much more!
Benefits of Trifolds over Traditional Novel Units:
❑ Foldable format provides novelty and encourages student engagement
❑ Daily comprehension focus builds reading comprehension skills vs. plot recall
❑ Less overwhelming to reluctant readers and writers
❑ Requires deep analysis and application of text-based knowledge
❑ Encourages discussion about skills & strategies
Click here to contact me directly!