Because of Winn-Dixie Novel Study
This Because of Winn-Dixie novel study was designed to be rigorous, but approachable for reluctant readers and writers. You won't find long lists of chapter questions or overwhelming assignments that turn reading into overwhelm.
Instead, each day's task is purposefully aligned with the chapters assigned and selected based on a single core comprehension skill. Students are asked to think deeply about their reading and combine their own thoughts and opinions with their understanding of the text, making tasks engaging and helping create skills that transfer beyond just this book.
- Instructional planning guide
- 3 paper-saving novel study trifolds - up to 15 instructional days - color & blackline
- 3 weekly word of the day flip books for text-based vocabulary
- Cut & paste comprehension prompts for interactive journals
- Easy-to-follow directions for printing & prep
- Trifold Answer keys
- Summary & Main Idea
- Analyzing Text & Responding to Literature
- Cause & Effect
- Analyzing Character Traits & Relationships
- Making Inferences & Drawing Conclusions
- And so much more!