Among the Hidden Novel Study
Getting ready to read Among the Hidden with your students? Don't rely on long lists of chapter comprehension questions to ensure your students understand the plot. Novel studies don't have to be boring!
This Among the Hidden Novel Study isn't like your average novel study. You won't find tests or lists of chapter questions. Instead, this 3-week novel study focuses on building transferrable comprehension skills.
With this ready-to-use format, your students will be building their reading skills and enjoying the story instead of spending hours responding to lists of surface level comprehension questions or taking multiple choice quizzes based on the book that you see in many traditional novel studies.
Each day's reading is purposefully paired with a single higher-level comprehension skill. Students combine their understanding of the text and their own thoughts to respond.
This keeps kids eager to read and helps builds skills that carry with them beyond the book.
- Instructional planning guide to make lesson planning fast & easy
- 3 paper-saving novel study trifolds for students to record their responses
- Cut & paste comprehension prompts aligned to the trifolds for reading journals or students who need special paper to write
- 3 word of the day flip books to analyze & practice with text-based vocabulary
- Easy-to follow directions for printing and prep
- Trifold answer keys
Reading Comprehension Skills Addressed:
Main Idea & Summary
- Finding & Using Text-based Evidence
- Making Inferences & Drawing Conclusions
- Cause & Effect
- Vocabulary & Context Clues
- Author's Purpose
- And so much more!
Instant digital download. Nothing will be shipped.