Low-Prep New Years Activities Printable Pack
Returning from winter break can be hard. Starting with resolutions is a great way to help get students thinking about the year ahead. These engaging New Years Activities are designed to help your elementary learners get back into the swing of things, and the low-prep format means you won't spend hours getting ready for that first day back.
Here's what is included:
- New Year Traditions Around the World Social Studies Mini-Book - Students will love reading about the various global traditions for celebrating the new year. After reading a short passage, they'll create their own book to share the highlights from each country.
- New Year Antonym Mystery Message - Students use their knowledge of antonyms to break the mystery code and respond to the message they uncover.
- 2021 Resolution Flipbook - Students generate resolutions connected to their lives or academics. With multiple options to choose from, you're sure to find one that works for you!
- New Year Resolution Banner - Perfect for bulletin boards, students create a pennant for the class banner. Each pennant highlights one resolution they have and how they plan to achieve it.
- Reflect & Look Ahead Mini-Book - A great activity for easing back into the routine. Students create a mini-book all about themselves - reflecting on 2020 and planning some resolutions for the new year.
Here are just a few of the skills included in this pack:
- Reading comprehension - main idea and details
- Goal setting for school and home
- Social studies & cultural diversity
- Holiday traditions around the world