Thisbook study unit forAmber Brown is Not a Crayonby Paula Danziger will save you hours of prep for your next chapter book unit. Ideal for 2nd grade & 3rd grade students, the chapter comprehension questions require students to focus on text analysis and responding to literature, and the vocabulary focus builds word knowledge and academic vocabulary.
This no-fluff Amber Brown is Not a Crayon novel study engages students, but it doesn't overwhelm your readers with countless chapter questions that just require them to regurgitate the text.
Standards-aligned & perfect for novel studies, small group book clubs or lit circles, independent reading, or as a way to monitor and teach during read-aloud.
• Instructional planning guide
• 1 paper-saving Amber Brown novel study trifold - 5 instructional days
• 1 weekly word of the day flip books for text-based vocabulary
• Cut & paste comprehension prompts for interactive journals
• Easy-to-follow directions for printing & prep
• Trifold Answer keys
Benefits of Trifolds over Traditional Novel Units:
❑ Foldable format provides novelty and encourages student engagement